Talbot Property (Joint Venture)

The Talbot Property is accessible by road from southern Manitoba via Provincial Highway 10 to the Town of The Pas, then via Highway 287 and Provincial Road 384 to near the Community of Moose Lake, where active forestry roads provide access to the Talbot Deposit area. 


The Talbot Deposit is hosted in Paleoproterozoic rocks of the Trans-Hudson Orogen (THO). At Talbot, the THO is unconformably overlain by an approximate 100 metre (m) thick sequence of flat-lying Phanerozoic carbonates of the Western Canada Sedimentary Basin. THO rocks outcrop 60 kilometres (km) to the north, where they host the VMS deposits of the Flin Flon-Snow Lake greenstone belt. 

Exploration activities on the Talbot Property have been focused on two main areas: the Talbot Deposit itself, which is the primary subject of this Updated Mineral Resource Estimate, and the North Target. 

The Talbot Deposit mineralization consists of a network of stringers to semi-massive and massive sulphides consisting of chalcopyrite, sphalerite, pyrite and pyrrhotite. Drilling has intersected  mineralization over a strike length of approximately 700 m and to a vertical depth from surface to approximately 800 m and averages 5.1 m in true thickness. The deposit remains open for expansion with multiple untested conductive plates.

Mineral Resource Estimate

On April 14, 2020 the Company filed an updated N.I. 43-101 Mineral Resource Estimate (see PR here), as summarized in the table below.  The technical report can be found below, as well as on the Company's SEDAR profile.

Updated Talbot Mineral Resource Estimate at 1.5% CuEq Cut-Off (100% shown)
Classification Tonnes ('000t) Cu (%) Zn (%) Au (gpt) Ag (gpt) CuEq (%) CuEq (Mlbs)
Indicated                 2,194          2.33 1.79 2.06 36.0 4.40                213
Inferred                 2,445          1.13 1.74 1.87 25.8 2.98                161

Refer to Global Resource Table for additional disclosures


As per the February 28, 2020 press release, bench scale metallurgical testing completed under the direction of Jake Lang at Base Metallurgical Laboratories in Kamloops, BC demonstrated the potential to produce separate, market-quality concentrates of copper and zinc. The test program generated sequential copper and zinc flotation concentrates from a relatively coarse primary grind of approximately P80 150 microns. Rougher concentrates were re-ground at P80 20-30 microns. The flowsheet tested does not require the use of cyanide to separate zinc from copper. Testing was completed on overall composites indicative of the feed grade anticipated for the Talbot Deposit

Joint Venture with Hudbay Minerals Inc

Rockcliff has a 49% interest in the Talbot property, with Hudbay Minerals, as operator, owning the other 51%.